SEARCH FOR SHOREVIEW REAL ESTATE
Shoreview is a vibrant community in Minnesota that offers its residents the comforts of living in a medium-sized city with all the amenities of a big city but with the quiet life that only a city of this size can offer. The city is known not only for its bustling business community but also for its healthy environment and wide open spaces.
The city of Shoreview stands on 7,800 acres of land which includes 11 lakes and more than 1,400 acres of open spaces and park lands. It is perhaps this mixture of nature and modern life comforts that has consistently placed Shoreview in the list of the best places to live in the Twin Cities area.
There are 25,377 people and 9965 households in Shoreview as of the 2000 census. The 7,021 families in the city reside in over 10,127 housing units resulting to a density of 355 houses per square kilometer. A great majority or 93.28% of its inhabitants are Whites followed by Asians (3.65%) and the rest is a mixture of other races.
Most of the residents have graduated from high school (80.4%) while the rest are either have a Bachelor’s Degree (24.4%) or a Graduate Degree (17.9%). Only 1.3% of the total labor force is unemployed.
There is an average income per family of $80,946 and $68,941 for every household. Only 2.1% of the total population and only 1.3% of the total number of families has been classified as living below the poverty line.
Peace and Order
One of the requisites for classifying a place as livable is its crime rate and Shoreview scores high in this department with a crime index of only 96.5 in 2001 compared to the 330.6 in the whole United States. During the same period, Shoreview registered no murder incident and only, five rapes, three robberies, eight assaults, 22 auto thefts and 48 burglaries.
The low crime rate in the city can be attributed to the efforts of the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department in spearheading projects encouraging and involving community vigilance like Neighborhood Watch and Youth Mentoring. The city’s fire protection is provided by 70 firefighters from the Lake Johanna Fire Department which operates two of their four stations in Shoreview (which is owned by the city).
Where to go
Both young and old residents of Shoreview spend their free time in various recreational facilities provided by the city including the Island Lake Golf Center, the Shoreview Community Center, Public Archery Range and the Shoreview Skate Park. Here are some places for rest and recreation in Shoreview:
Shoreview Community Center
Most community activities are held in the Center while water activities are usually held at the Tropics Indoor Water Park. The Water Park is a safe place even for younger children who will surely have a blast in the park’s shallow play area, aqua blast and splashing trees. The Shark Attack waterslide is equally fun for both adults and young people. The Center boasts of an indoor running and walking track, courts for basketball and volleyball, a whirlpool as well as strength and fitness training facilities. The Fitness Center offers exercise facilities like treadmills, bikes, crosstrainers a free weight and a stretching area.
Shoreview is also an ideal place for biking enthusiast which is the main reason why it has been cited as one of the three Bicycle-Friendly Communities in the State of Minnesota.
· Bobby Theisen Park-is a 15-acre park with facilities for football and soccer, basketball, hockey, general skating and tennis. It has a portable rest room as well as a warming house.
· Bucher Park-is a 25-acre park which boasts of two ball fields, two tennis courts, hockey rink, facilities for football and soccer, volleyball and general skating. It also has playground equipment and a warming house.
· Lake Judy Park-is a 5-acre park with a picnic area for approximately 15 people, volleyball court and playground equipment.
· McCullough Park-is a 75-acre park with two tennis courts, two baseball fields, basketball area, football and soccer field, hockey rink, facilities for general skating, a one-mile wooded path with bridge and playground equipment with a climbing rock wall.
· Ponds Park- is a one-acre park with playground equipment, bench swing, a picnic table and path.
· Rice Creek Fields-is a park which boasts of a bus stop, water fountain, four softball fields for tournaments, lots of open spaces, and buildings with indoor restrooms and shelters.
· Shamrock Park-is a 23-acre park with two tennis courts, two ball fields, parking lot that can accommodate 120 cars, basketball court, football and soccer field, hockey rink, playground equipment and picnic shelter.
· Shoreview Commons-is a 40-acre park with a Skate Park, a Pavilion, football and soccer field, basketball area, picnic shelters and grills, paths, two tennis courts and two ball fields.
· Sitzer Park-is a 25-acre park with a warming house, paths, playground equipment, basketball area, hockey rink, two baseball fields, two tennis courts and a facility for general skating.
If you are looking at the possibility of corporate relocation or employee relocation to Shoreview then you would be glad to know that transportation in the city is very accessible. Senior citizens can avail of the Care-A-Van transportation services for their trips to doctors, hospitals or even shopping. The Metro Communities Service is a good travel guide for new residents of Shoreview or for visitors because it can provide travel information and route alternatives. Resident and visitors who are going to North Oaks, Arden Hills, Lino Lakes, St. Paul, Roseville or Lexington can take the North Suburban Lines. For local public transportation needs throughout Lauderdale, Roseville, Little Canada and Arden Hills, there is a bus that operates six-days a week.
Media and Communications
Most radio and television frequencies are loud and clear in Shoreview as it has become a favorite site for their towers. Among the stations that have installed their transmission antennas in Shoreview include KMSP channel 9 and the Telefarm Towers by KSTP-TV.
Shoreview does not only provide the basic utilities for comfortable living but it also provides employment and social opportunities for those who are thinking of moving to this city.
Here is link to the City Of Shoreview website: http://www.ci.shoreview.mn.us
Learn about real estate market trends for over 100 cities in the Twin Cities metro area