Document Checklist and Instructions
A properly documented loan application makes your loan process go smoothly.
This checklist will help you gather your paperwork.
- Complete and sign the residential loan application, Form 1003, and the attached
loan info sheet, credit authorization and fair lending notice. Page 4 of the application
is a continuation page in case you need additional space for your assets or liabilities.
If you make a mistake while filling out the application cross it out, and make
a change. Do NOT use whiteout.
- If you are salaried: provide W-2's for the previous two years and one
month of paystubs. If you are self-employed, provide tax returns for the
previous two years, including all schedules, and a YTD profit and loss statement.
(Note: provide copies of all requested documents. Do not provide original documents.)
- If you own rental property, provide recent rental agreements and tax returns
for the previous two years, including all schedules.
- To speed up the approval process, provide bank statements for the most recent
three months, and recent statements for stock, mutual funds and IRA/401K accounts.
- If you are requesting a cash out refinance, provide a letter explaining how
you will use the refinance proceeds.
- If applicable, provide a copy of your divorce decree and settlement agreement.
- If you are NOT a US citizen, provide a copy of your green card (front &
back). If you are NOT a permanent resident provide a copy of your H-1 or L-1 visa.
- If any borrower has filed bankruptcy, provide the Discharge Notice, Filing
and Schedule of Creditors.
- If you are applying for a home equity line of credit or loan (second loan),
also include your first mortgage note. (This should be with your closing loan